2017 Women in Sustainability Leadership Award
The 2017 Women in Sustainability Leadership Award honors and connects the most powerful women at the forefront of sustainability. Our goal is to create a more sustainable world by growing awareness, promoting advancement, and supporting development of women in leadership roles.
The jury is looking for women that demonstrate the highest level of integrity and dedication to sustainability leadership. Entries can be self-nominated or can be nominated by a third-party. If submitting a third-party nomination, either the nominator or the nominee can send in the submission, but the nominee should be notified to answer the essay questions and provide a cover letter and resume.
• Nominees must be individuals
• Nominees must be women
• Nominees are NOT required to be in the design or building industry, but can be involved in any business sector, public or private, and with companies/organizations of all sizes
• Nominees must be currently active in their company/organization
• Nominees’ current position must have a clear connection to sustainability
• Nominees must have at least 7 years of experience in a leadership role
• Effectively demonstrates a dedication to working in sustainability with proven results that relate to a specific product, service, or strategy that has significant positive benefits to the planet
• Has helped shape her organization through lasting change that is beneficial to the staff, board, organization, community, environment, etc.
• Values mentorship and has helped guide other female leaders
• Has demonstrated bravery/courage in the workplace