2021 Women in Sustainability Leadership Awards
The 2021 Women in Sustainability Leadership Award honors and connects the most powerful women at the forefront of sustainability. Our goal is to create a more sustainable world by growing awareness, promoting advancement, and supporting development of women in leadership roles.
Nominations for the award will open in 2021. Check back for more details.
- Nominees must be individuals
- Nominees must be women
- Nominees are NOT required to be in the design or building industry, but can be involved in any business sector, public or private, and with companies/organizations of all sizes
- Nominees must be currently active in their company/organization
- Nominees’ current position must have a clear connection to sustainability
- Nominees must have at least 7 years of experience in a leadership role
- Effectively demonstrates a dedication to working in sustainability with proven results that relate to a specific product, service, or strategy that has significant positive benefits to the planet
- Has helped shape her organization through lasting change that is beneficial to the staff, board, organization, community, environment, etc.
- Values mentorship and has helped guide other female leaders
- Has demonstrated bravery/courage in the workplace
Ready to submit? Here's what to expect.
- Submittable application information
- Nominee cover letter
- Nominee resume
- One letter of recommendation (may be written by nominator)
- Additional documentation to support reason for nomination
- Nominee essay question responses:
- Please describe a specific example of how you have implemented lasting change.
- Explain why you value mentorship and how you have guided other female leaders.
- Describe how you have demonstrated bravery/courage in the workplace.
- What obstacles have you overcome as a female in your career?