The challenge of sustainability has opened new opportunities in fields long filled by men. Some jobs are completely new; others require new approaches to old tasks. Green Building & Design‘s (gb&d) Women in Sustainability Leadership Awards (WSLA) will play an important role in changing this.
In 2014, the recipients of the inaugural WSLA, including Hillary Clinton, Rochelle Routman, Director of Sustainability of Mohawk Group, Cindy Ortega, CSO of MGM Resorts International, and Bea Perez, CSO of Coca-Cola to name a few, illustrated the importance of diversity in the sustainability field, and should inspire us to infuse more positions with sustainability-related responsibilities.
gb&d, with the support of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), aims to be a global central hub to identify and advance top female sustainability executives and to continue to identify, support, and give opportunities to future women in leadership.
We are looking for women in leadership roles with a commitment to sustainability. Women that have the ability to create lasting change by setting corporate trends and best practices.
Winners will be chosen by a prestigious jury of industry professionals and will be celebrated at a dinner and awards program during the Greenbuild Conference & Expo in Washington D.C. in November. Our jury this year includes:
- Chris Howe, Publisher & CEO, Green Building & Design
- Laura Heidenreich, Associate Publisher & President, Green Building & Design
- Kimberly Lewis, Senior VP, Community Advancement, Conference & Events, USGBC
- Rochelle Routman, VP of Sustainability, Mohawk
- Charmaine Atherton, Senior VP, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Nominations are now closed
- Judging: Week of August 17th, 2015
- Award program at Greenbuild: 11/19/2015
Questions? Contact Jenny Maraccini at email@example.com/magazine
USGBC® and the related logo is a trademark owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and is used with permission.